Re: Getting debs w/o apt-get

 Indeed there is a a way to install allmost all KDE applications with only one
command:

 apt-get install task-kde

 However this does not work if you are installing KDE from scratch, that is
if you never had KDE before in your system. Apt will return an error saying
something like: "It seems you do not intend to install ... such and
such components..", and it refuses to install the task-kde package and all
packages that depend on it. And this is the reason for which I have not
included "apt-get install task-kde" in the instructions you have read.

 I do not know if this is a bug of task-kde or it is a reasonable behaviour
of apt. I have seen this before with another package (task-spanish) and I
wanted to play with those packages in new systems to learn more about it
before telling Ivan (Moore). But now the issue has been raised up. So,
Ivan, Is this a bug?

Pablo.

Pablo de Vicente (vicente@oan.es), http://www.oan.es , OAN Spain