Re: kde2 assorted snags

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

> Hey, that i18n stuff was really wild. I didn't have a clue what it was
> about when doing the selections for the kde2 upgrade. Is this a good
> thing:)

Well the i18n stuff I refer to is a set patches to qt from the Japanese
KDE Users group. This has given rise a couple of problems.

I'm trying to isolate the bugs now. Building everything in the qt2.2
source takes 3.5 hours, so I'll have to look at the build process a bit
more carefully if I'd like to see the effect of a patch quicker.

First I'll build with the most recent patches, see if the problems are
still there; if yes, then remove all the i18n patches, and add them one by
one to see which one gives the problem.

I'm totally unfamiliar with the source so this is the only way for me
right now.

> This is what I have with regards to qt:
>
> ii  libqt1g        1.45-1.1       Shared Library used by applications linked w
> rc  libqt1g-dev    1.45-1.1       Environment for QT GUI development.
> ii  libqt2         2.0.2-1.1      Qt GUI Library (runtime version).
> rc  libqt2-dev     2.0.2-1.1      Qt GUI library (development version).
> ii  libqt2.2       2.2.2-0.potato Qt GUI Library (runtime version).
> ii  libqt2.2-dev   2.2.2-0.potato Qt GUI development headers, static libraries
> ii  qt1g-doc       1.45-1.1       Comprehensive docs (html), examples, and tut
> ii  qt2.2-doc      2.2.2-0.potato Tutorial and reference documentation and
>
> would you recommend removing all the older qt's?

If you don't need them, why not remove them. Esp. the older dev packages
conflict with the newest one.

Bart