Re: Concurrent installation of kde1 and kde2

I'm sorry, but this won't happen.  At least not by me.  The #1 priority
for me in packaging KDE for Debian is to stick to policy (or as close as
possible)...with that there's no (easy) way to allow for both versions
to coexist.  (the libs can and do...the binaries are the problem)...

you can only have 1 /usr/bin/kdm for example.

You are more than welcome to download the source and modify the install
path to put KDE1 under /usr/local or /opt, but I won't do that with my
packages.

I understand your concerns.  Currently you can intermingle kde1 and kde2
to a certain degree...(there has to be some incompatabilities)

for example..you can run kmail from kde2 on kde1 (you would just not be
able to have kdenetwork from kde1 installed or you would have to force
the installation of kmail)

now...what I can and might do is break up the kde1 packages to somewhat match
what I've done for kde2 which would make it even easier to intermingle...

Ivan