Kpanel problem

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, if it's not please ruthlessly
redirect me ;-)

I upgraded my KDE packages just the other night after Ivan posted about the
libssl packages.  I was messing around with the Control Center->Look and
Feel->themes->styles and kde locked up in the marble style.  This lock up was
repeatable.  After killing the session and starting X it locked again.  I
Ctrl-Alt-Backspaced and at the konsole renamed the necessary kstylerc.  That
fixed it.  Now the panel area (proper name?) where the running programs are
displayed, is no longer functioning.  Not really a big deal but when windows
completely overlap you can't tell what's running on that desktop.

Is this something I need to report to kde.bugs or is there something I can do
about it?

Jesse