Re: Improve webpacking by using webpack-node-externals

Le mardi 7 novembre 2023, 10:25:04 UTC Yadd a écrit :
> On 11/7/23 13:47, Bastien Roucariès wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I believe for a security point of view it is interesting to do dynamic linking of module (aka no packing external module)
> >
> > I plan to package webpack-node-externals in order to do this
> >
> > May be automagically using this in dh_nodejs will be nice ?
> >
> > What do you think ?
> >
> > Updating policy will be also nice
> >
> > Bastien
>
> Hi,
>
> it is not easy to replace rollup builds by webpack-style, then I don't
> see a way to automatically use your recommendation inside dh-nodejs.

I was thinking to create a webpack wrapper (by changing path before running dh_build) that will capture
--config or default config file and apply json patch in order to add
 externalsPresets: { node: true }, // in order to ignore built-in modules like path, fs, etc.
externals: [nodeExternals()], // in order to ignore all modules in node_modules folder

May be in a first time policy will be suffisant