Re: Improve webpacking by using webpack-node-externals

On 11/7/23 13:47, Bastien Roucariès wrote:
Hi,

I believe for a security point of view it is interesting to do dynamic linking of module (aka no packing external module)

I plan to package webpack-node-externals in order to do this

May be automagically using this in dh_nodejs will be nice ?

What do you think ?

Updating policy will be also nice

Bastien

Hi,

it is not easy to replace rollup builds by webpack-style, then I don't see a way to automatically use your recommendation inside dh-nodejs.

To implement dynamic linking in rollup builds, we just need to manage @rollup/plugin-node-resolve configuration.

Cheers,
Yadd