Re: Debian Jr. re-launch

Hi Stefan,

Am Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 08:42:18PM +0100 schrieb Stefan Kropp:
> Hello Junior-Users / -Developers,
>
> I would like to re-launch Debian Jr. and take leadership [1] of the
> project. This project is not a project which should be in status inactive.

I really welcome your initiative.

> My name is Stefan. I'm not a DD, but I'm a developer. I'm a Debian User
> since Woody has been released.
>
> I have started to check the current status of the project and started to
> clean-up the wiki pages [2].
>
> I would like to organize the project's related topics in "stages" and
> try to use some structures which will help to keep this controlled,
> documented and have a good communication.
>
> # Project stage plan
>
> I put some ideas of stages on the wiki page:
>
>  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianJr#Stage_plan
>
>  * Stage 01 - Re-launch Debian Jr.
>
>    Check current status of the projects. Check if there are some people
>    which would like to join the party. Clean-up the wiki pages, build
>    project documentation.
>    Goal: Re-launch Debian Jr. :)

I would really love if some more people would join your relaunch.
However, I hope you are prepared to go some time alone in case nobody
else will follow your first call for contribution.

>  * Stage 02 - Debian Junior tasks
>
>    Check the debian junior tasks. Clean-up tasks. Fix issues, if required.
>    https://blends.debian.org/junior/tasks/
>    I've been wondering myself, if tasks grouped by ages would be helpful. I
>    may start a dedicated discussion of this topic later. First we should
>    clean-up existing tasks.
>    Goal: Updated tasks

I can provide technical help with this task.

>  * Stage 03 - Live-CD
>
>    I would like to have a Debian Jr. Live-CD and include the Debian Jr.
>    into the Debian Installer. This stage depends on Stage 02.
>    Also see #825185 [3]
>    Goal: Let people use Debian Jr. as easy as possible

Good idea.

>  * Stage 04 - Build a Debian Jr. desktop environment
>
>    Setup a easy Desktop environment which can be used by juniors and
>    includes in a Live-CD.
>    Goal: Well defined Use Interface for kids

Good idea as well.

> # Development
>
> ## WWW Browser
>
> Few month back, I did some *very quick* development to build an easy
> browser based on webkit2gtk. Maybe it would be nice to build a browser with
> a white list of urls which can be used by the users.
> Maybe Stage 05?! :)

If you ask me I would stick for the moment to existing browsers.

> # Related projects
>
> Synchronize with related projects and teams:
>
>  * https://www.debian.org/blends/
>  * https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/
>  * https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-desktop/
>  * Debian Installer / Live-Team
>
> This was just a small "kick-off" / "Say hello". I need to get familiar with
> some Debian process. As soon as I have news, I will keep you up-to-date.

Thanks a lot for this kick-off.

> If you have question, ideas, feedback, doubts, feel free to let me know.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de