Re: Abiword maintainer

Hi!

Great to see that you found the team from our previos private
conversation Carlo!

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 1:52 AM, Carlo Giordano
<developersw@giordanocarlo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Carlo Giordano and I want become Abiword maintainer.
> Do you help me?

Absolutely. The resources we have for the team so far is
available on Alioth [0] (project, mailing lists, repositories) and
somewhat on the wiki [1] (needs work though).

The process for working with the team repository is briefly
explained in a recent post to this list. [2]

In short what you need to do in order to adopt abiword and
put it under Debian Junior team maintainence is:

* Adopt the package for the team in the Debian BTS
  (set owner to debianjr-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
   and retitle from O: abiword ... to ITA: abiword ...).
* Join the debianjr project on alioth.
* Move the packaging git repository from collab-maint to
  debianjr.
* Alter the package to reflect the adoptation (set Maintainer
   Vcs fields etc).
* Solve bugs filed against abiword.
* RFS (Request For Sponsorship) on the list (i.e. ask for a
  Debian Developer in the team to upload your changes.)
* Bonus point for adding the repository to the debianjr
  master repository mrconfig. ;-)

Of course the package needs to build in a clean environment
and also be lintian clean. This process is nicely documented
at both Ruby and Games teams' wiki pages. [3,4]

Let us know if you need any help along the way!

[0] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debianjr/
[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianJr
[2] [🔎] CABYrXSTadzeqEv+S4N2Ob=z9-nkk8mSY9drqVww2ajGp3iofbg@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] CABYrXSTadzeqEv+S4N2Ob=z9-nkk8mSY9drqVww2ajGp3iofbg@mail.gmail.com
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging