Re: Uploadeing debian-junior? (Was: Tasks-Web pages for Debian Junior)

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 22:04:05 +0200 (CEST)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> I have set:
>    Depends: freeciv-client-gtk | freeciv-client-sdl

Sounds good.  So the gtk client is preferred over the sdl one?  None

> I just have set
>    Ignore: lincity-ng, freecol
> to make you aware that something is missing in the tasks file.  If nobody
> disagrees I increase from "Ignore" to "Depends".
>
> >> Same with lincity/lincity-ng.  What's up with that?
> >
> > Well, I think the best idea is
> >
> >   Recommends: lincity-ng | lincity
> >
> > IMHO lincity-ng is the better free clone (as long as the official freed
> > sources are not ported to Debian).
>
> If nobody disagrees I will follow this idea.

Again, I trust your judgement here.

> >> I guess we need to depend on heroes-sdl now.
> >
> > I do not know this game - just add it to the list of dependencies ...
>
> I have set in arcade :
>     Depends: heroes-ggi | heroes-sdl

I haven't tried ggi vs. sdl so I wouldn't know which one to recommend
as default.

> Hmmm, lavaps is tagged patch - so where is the problem to NMU?

If you have time to prepare an upload, sure.  I'm still struggling to
find time for more pressing things for the release in my other packages.

> For lmemory you have done #476024, but #486534 seems o hang around while
> also featuring the tag patch - so where is the problem here?

Again, it's simply a matter of lack of time.

> If you ask me we should go for an upload of the new debian-junior
> source soon.  The rationale is that it requires editing override file
> and this takes some time.  So we are quite sharp to the Lenny freeze.
> IMHO there is no need to wait for lavaps and lmemory because I asked
> release manager for reuploading metapackages for Debian Med and
> Debian EDU once the package set for Lenny is fexed (so after the freeze)
> with the rationale that we want to include all interesting packages
> for the CDD.  So if you ask me we should upload now.
>
> Anybody thinking this is no good idea?

Please go ahead and upload, then.

Thanks,
Ben