Re: Kid profiles

On Monday 10 October 2005 21:28, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 12:07 +0200, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> > creating a packaged set of profiles is perfectly doable (the
> > desktop-profiles packages provides a cross-desktop way of managing the
> > profiles) the hard part is definining what should go in into the
> > profiles, so lets get started on that :-)
>
> When you say cross-desktop, does that include systems with only a WM and
> not GNOME or KDE?

At the moment that includes Freedesktop, KDE, Gnome, XFCE (>= 4.2), ROX,
GNUSTEP and UDE. As far as i know that's everything that bills itself as a
DE inside of Debian. I'll be happy to add any window managers that supports
some profile mechanism if somebody can point me to the relevant
documentation
(I might go over all WM's in Debian at some point, but since everybody uses
their own different terminology for 'profile' it's timeconsuming to find
the right documentation, that is _if_ they support it off course, and
there's lots of WM's)
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)