Re: Live CD as a focal point for reviving Jr development

On Wednesday 05 October 2005 07:52, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > I really have no bias for one particular livecd project over another.
> > What I'm looking for, though, is something that you can build entirely
> > natively on Debian.  If morphix-in-debian is an alternative the
> > knoppix-debian folks should be considering, you should make a case for
> > it on their list.  But without integration into Debian, neither Knoppix
> > nor Morphix are suitable because simply put, they aren't Debian.
>
> This is exactly the way I'm thinking.  Unfortunately the common set
> between Debian developers and live-CD creators is extremely small so this
> dream of mine did not become reality since more than 3 years.

a lot of people have expressed interest in common framework for creating
live-cd's on the debian-custom list, there's been several discussions about
tools that are being worked on, tried, ... you might want to read the
archives of that list, or ask there
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)