Re: Seeking new maintainers for these orphaned packages in Debian Jr.

El d�01/10/2004 a 19:16 Ben Armstrong escribio ...

> Four years old, Rudy?  My, but how time flies.

Yes, he rocks heh

> There is no doubt that tuxpaint outshines xpaint as the slicker, more
> fun, more appealing to small children program, but I wonder if it still
> fills a niche for the older kids somewhere between tuxpaint and gimp?
> Or perhaps when a kid has "graduated" from tuxpaint, they should just
> use the Gimp, and that will do?  Certainly the Gimp 2 has a much nicer,
> easier to use user interface, which was one of my big complaints against
> 1.x.

Probably if a kid is interested in using such tools, gimp will be
likely the choice, since kids like challenges and IMHO I think they'll find
gimp a better next-step than xpaint.

Ain't saying/suggesting to remove xpaint from Debian but maybe only
from -Jr choices.

-Rudy

  | Somos libres, seamoslo con software libre      * http://debian.org |
  | http://www.apesol.org.pe         -*-         http://stone-head.org |
  | GPG FP: 0D12 8537 607E 2DF5 4EFB  35A7 550F 1A00 3433 BD21         |