DEB packaging request

Okay, this might be a bigger request than is acceptable, but I'm going to
ask it anyway. Forgive me in advance if I'm out of line ;-)

I run Tux4kids.org. We make educational Free Software (such as Tux
Typing). Currently, we are trying to make a support infrastructure for
other Free Software and Open Source educational projects. This means we do
have the ability to host other educational projects, but more than that we
aim to supply projects with resources that can typically be difficult
to come by.

Such resources include "Groups" dedicated to producing project artwork,
providing PR, assistance in debugging, and packaging & porting to various
platforms. This last Group is the reason I'm writing.

Currently Rune B. Broberg (mihtjel@mihtjel.dk) packages tuxtype for
Debian. He's doing a fine job, and we have no complaints. In the past,
L.J. Lane (ljlane@debian.org) has packaged tuxtype and he did a fine job
as well.

However, we currently have a couple of educational projects which have no
dedicated Debian packagers, and we will soon have more. So I was wondering
if you guys had some dedicated Debian packagers you could spare to come
join our Release Management Group and help get more of our projects into
Debian (especially, Debian Jr.)?

Basically, they would not be subscribed to any individual project's
mailing list. Instead, they would be subscribed to our Release Management
list, which is a low-traffic list just for those people involved in
supplying packages and ports. The idea here is that when a project manager
is ready for a release, he/she contacts the Release Management list
asking for it to be packaged and ported. Those people on the list sound
off on what they intend to do ("I will make the Win32 port", "I will make
the Debian source package", etc.) and then they make whatever package or
port they are in charge of for that project.

The intent is to shield the packagers from the project development (except
when they have bugs to report upstream), keeping them on a relatively
low-traffic list, and allowing them to package for more than one project.

I ask this here for two reasons 1) I personally use Debian, and have a
great affinity to the project 2) I want to see our educational
applications in Debian Jr.

If anyone has any questions, or would like to volunteer for this, or if
anyone has any suggestions about who I should talk to, please feel free to
let me know.

Thanks in advance.

(BTW, if you're wondering why we don't just supply people to package DEBs
ourselves, it's because there are only two of us -that I know of-
currently using Debian and capable of packaging for it. One is myself, the
other is the current project manager of tuxtype. Since we are both very
busy already in the project, we would wind up neglecting the other things
we're in charge of just to do this. Besides, the intention of this "Group"
infrastructure is to more equally divide up responsibilities, and
-hopefully- make our projects easier to manage ;-)

--
Sam Hart
University/Work addr. <hart@physics.arizona.edu>