[hertzog@debian.org: We still need sponsors !]

You know, if you go through the list of people needing sponsors there are
some rather interesting candidates among them.  This one in particular
caught my eye:

Steve Tonnesen <tonnesen@cmsd.bc.ca> (he's looking for a sponsor !)
Koha library automation program. A web based library management program.

APT repository at:

deb http://mail.cmsd.bc.ca/debian local main

Source at:

http://mail.cmsd.bc.ca/kohapackage/

Koha website: http://www.koha.org/

If you visit that local apt-gettable repository listed above, you'll also
find k12admin in it.  The Packages file describes k12admin like this:

 k12admin is an account administration system for K-12 Schools.  It is
 designed to give teachers in individual schools access to their own
 student and staff accounts while maintaining a district-wide database
 of accounts.

>From first glance (having a complete Debian mirror plus local library &
k12 packages) I would guess that this applicant requires his packages at
his own workplace, implying at least some degree of cluefulness.  This
may be an opportunity to get some help with the education component of
Debian Jr's work.  Is there a developer who would like to pursue this,
and sponsor his packages?

Thanks,
Ben
--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

most of you know that there's a (more or less official) sponsorship
system that lets official Debian developers help future maintainers
by checking their package, by giving them advices, by uploading their
packages into Debian.

It was introduced when we had problem with the New Maintainer team.
Those problems are solved today, but the sponsorship system continues
and will probably continue as long as possible since it's one of the
friendliest way to introduce the future maintainers into Debian. They
can learn faster how to make high quality packages, they know sooner
what we expect from them. But more sponsors are needed to keep it
going ...

So, dear co-developers, please join debian-mentors@lists.debian.org and
respond to future maintainers, and sponsor those who are asking it.
Also check out the sponsor page that is listing about 30 future
maintainers who are looking for a sponsor :
http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/

Thanks,

--- End Message ---