Re: Bug #135368

On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 09:40, Lazarus Long wrote:
> The adult among us may want to look into the issue addressed in bug
> #135368, visible at
> http://bugs.debian.org/135368
> and see if they can express the principle more effectively.  (Writing to
> 135368@bugs.debian.org appends to that report, and so far, those who have
> done so have filled their replies with gratuitous profanity, so be
> forewarned before you follow that URL.)
>
> At issue is the suitability of Debian packages to be installed on
> machines where children have access.  Hopefully this will be something
> that "someone" on this list can manage to effectively communicate, prior
> to Woody's release.  All I seem to have elicited is excessive
> potty-mouth on the part of some of the more <cough> "mature" Debian
> developers.
>
> Ben, you've addressed similar on this list before, how about it?  Anyone
> else?  Is there a suitable means to get this message across to the
> Developers in a manner they will comply with?
>
> How to get this RC priority without some "genius" deciding it's not
> important and downgrading it?  Ben?

I don't think that you have a hope of getting this through in general -
it is way too late in the day to be proposing some sort of RC bugs based
on this problem.  Even if most of those hits on 'arse' were undoubtedly
really on 'parse' :-)

Ultimately the only thing I think you could actually do is implement
some sort of 'bowdler' package which made these changes after each
install run.

Cheers,
					Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
       Are you enrolled at http://schoolreunions.co.nz/ yet?