Re: libsdl1.2 packages (fwd)

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 09:04:12AM +0100, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> > In order to get the new libsdl1.2debian packages into woody, the
> > following
> > packages will disappear from woody in the next few days:
> >
> > 	* tuxracer (out of date on arm, ia64, mips, mipsel, sparc;
> > buggy)
> > 	* junior-games-gl (depends on tuxracer)
> >
> Please could anybody care about TuxRacer?  Currently I have no box
> to get it reasonable running (3D-Problems) but I would really love if
> someone would contact the Maintainer and set a certain date for NMU.

To fix this and the junior-games-card -> pysol dependency problem,
I will be dropping tuxracer and pysol from these meta packages until
such time as they are fixed.

Pysol 4.8 was just released today.  Source is available from the web
site which will allow the maintainer Adam Klein <aklein@debian.org> to
resolve the "missing source" serious bug against it.  If Adam doesn't
act quickly, I may very well end up NMUing pysol so it can go back
into junior-games-card.  We shall see.  It also has problems with
the sound server.  I'm not sure I want the grief.

> Any help to reach this aim would be greatly appreciated.  Preliminary
> packages at request.  Come on people on this list.  Its Christmas time.
> We nned some more fun for our children *now*.

Sounds like some fun stuff.  I have my hands full at the moment, though :(
Doing my best just to keep my head above water with new releases of my
own packages.

Ben