Re: [: Re: Installing Debian Junior PC]

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 12:58:44PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> Hi.  Just in case people are wondering about the current uninstallable
> state of task-junior (and more specifically, junior-arcade), this message
> tells why, and what I'm doing about it.
>
> I have just realized, however, that bumprace and madbomber *do* now
> depend on the new libsdl-mixer1.2 and libsdl1.2, so I won't have to remove
> them from junior-arcade (thanks, Christian).

Ack.  Premature.  While bumprace and circuslinux do now depend on
libsdl-mixer1.2 and libsdl1.2, madbomber does not, and neither do
bugsquish or gemdropx.  I guess Christian is still working on these.

> Also, I found this report
> against ftp.debian.org:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=101441&repeatmerged=yes
>
> So I guess as it stands, unless you have an out-of-date mirror,
> junior-arcade (and thus task-junior) should now be installable.

Hm, so I guess there really is a problem.  I have just unravelled all of
the dependencies, removing the now-obsolete libsdl1.1 from my own system,
and so now I'm getting exactly the same problem reported in the first
place.  task-junior & junior-arcade will remain uninstallable until
my revised junior-arcade hits the archives.

> I have added gemdropx to junior-arcade, another SDL package my kids enjoy.
> Look for it in the archives soon. :)

I will back this change out (I hadn't uploaded yet anyway) and will
temporarily remove madbomber and bugsquish.  Uploading soon ...

Ben