Re: Boy it's quiet?

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 09:01:11PM +0100, John Gay wrote:
> The only down side to
> Debian that I've encountered has been the slower updates and lack of .deb's for
> many packages I've looked for. I remember before potato went to frozen, I was
> having lots of trouble getting stuff to work because everyone else had
> progressed to newer C libs than Debian had and I eventually had to start using
> the unstable packages to get a lot of things to work. I was very thankful when
> Potato froze and I did a full dist-upgrade. Now I'm using Progeny, which is
> woody/testing based and I'm afraid that my current set-up is even more confused
> than before.

Just a word about that ...  It's certainly possible to run a fairly stable
system off of the "testing" release.  I think we have done about as well
as we can to keep things up-to-date considering our broad organizational
structure and our commitment to quality.

> Between working 12 Hour shifts on both days and nights, currently attending a
> programming course (So I can finally contribute more to the Linux cause), Beta
> testing Progeny Linux and trying to get SMP working, testing and update KDE2.1
> from the debian-kde sites, looking at getting uClinux installed on a partially
> disassembled PalmIII, I'm not sure how much time I can give or what I can
> properly contribute to the Debian-jr, but I'll try my best.

Sure.  Just knowing I have some people to bounce ideas off of from time to
time is a start.

Ben