Re: Boy it's quiet?

Glad to hear that you are alive and well. I've been busy as well. I've been Beta
testing Progeny Linux and am now waiting for my first Boxed set! My daughter is
still running Mandrake and since I added 64M of memory is now enjoying using
KDE. I am hoping that, as I get time, I can try some .rpm packages with her and
then get her views on which to request .deb's for. I enjoy Debians superior
package management. Using apt-get has rarely let me down whereas I've had no end
of problems trying to get .rpms to install properly. The only down side to
Debian that I've encountered has been the slower updates and lack of .deb's for
many packages I've looked for. I remember before potato went to frozen, I was
having lots of trouble getting stuff to work because everyone else had
progressed to newer C libs than Debian had and I eventually had to start using
the unstable packages to get a lot of things to work. I was very thankful when
Potato froze and I did a full dist-upgrade. Now I'm using Progeny, which is
woody/testing based and I'm afraid that my current set-up is even more confused
than before.

Between working 12 Hour shifts on both days and nights, currently attending a
programming course (So I can finally contribute more to the Linux cause), Beta
testing Progeny Linux and trying to get SMP working, testing and update KDE2.1
from the debian-kde sites, looking at getting uClinux installed on a partially
disassembled PalmIII, I'm not sure how much time I can give or what I can
properly contribute to the Debian-jr, but I'll try my best.

Cheers,

     John Gay