Re: What about programming

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 11:24:45PM +0800, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During a discussion on #debian-jr with Anne, Ben, Georges and myself
> we fall - as techno people we are - in a discussion about including
> programming language in Debian-JR
> We talk about Logo, Scheme, Basic , Python.
>
> What do you think ? Do you know such langage that kids can use?

Have a look at Smalltalk too. Squeak is a very nice and free implementation.

Also, there is a project "P4E" (programming for everyone) that is
based on Python that is specifically meant for teaching programming to
kids.

-dg

--
David Gould                                                 dg@suse.com
SuSE, Inc.,  580 2cd St. #210,  Oakland, CA 94607          510.628.3380