Re: Debian for education and PingOO

>     Fabien> 1) About automated installation For the moment, Debian is
>     Fabien> based on the old Debian Slink. But, It will use the new
>     Fabien> Debian Potato (or maybe Woody) in the future (we can't
>     Fabien> give delay for the moment)

Then it appears for the time being that our projects will continue to
operate in parallel, since Debian Jr. is focused only on woody.  Perhaps
as both projects progress beyond just establishing a foundation, we will
find more opportunities for collaboration.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 04:24:31PM +0100, Vladimir Tamara wrote:
> Couldn't we  join efforts  to create a  distribution based  on Debian,
> Debian-Jr, PingOO, OFSET, GNU, RedEscolar, Seul-Edu and whoever wants
> to join and  share the development model of Debian?   I think that Ben
> already suggested as name Debian-edu.
>
> While Debian-Jr is  focused in education at home,  Debian-edu would be
> focused  in education  at schools,  and both  could cooperate,  and of
> course also with other existing projects like PingOO.
>
> Does it sound possible?

I think to launch such an effort, someone working within Debian itself who
cares about this and has the time and resources is going to have to take
the initiative.  I'd like to encourage anyone who feels they are up to the
task to step forward and get it started.  Having gone through the process
of starting a project within Debian myself, I would be happy to give some
pointers about what is involved.

Ben