Re: Fwd: Re: brave-gnu-world: debian-jr

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 03:57:52PM -0600, Pat Mahoney wrote:
> This a forward from Georg, author of Brave-GNU-World.  He seems
> intersted in doing a write up of debian-jr.  Any help answering the
> questions is appreciated.
>
> [snip]
>
> Hi Pat!
>
>  || On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:52:07 -0600
>  || Pat Mahoney <patmahoney@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>  pm> Hello Georg.  You may remember me; I asked you to do a write up
>  pm> on Pliant for Brave-GNU-World.
>
> Yeah. I needed to think about it but the name sounded familiar.
>
>  pm> Once again I thank you.  I have another topic that is interesting
>  pm> to me and I hope you will consider doing a write up of it.
>
> It is indeed interesting. The normal way would be to fill out the BGW
> standard questions (appended below) and mail them to me...
>
>  pm> Thanks.  And keep up the good work on Brave-GNU-World.
>
> Thanks. I'm trying. ,-)
>
> [snip]
>
> Regards,
>                 Georg

> Brave GNU World standard questions:
> -----------------------------------
>
>  * What is it?

Well, for starters, it trys to package software for debian that would
be of interest to children.

>  * Who would use it?

Children and parents of children.  Anyone interested in such software.
Hopefully it will make debian more desireable for schools to install.

>  * Why would they use it instead of similar projects?

It builds on the power and strength of the existing debian
distribution.

>  * Special features/strengths?

We will have a cool logo ;-)

>  * Special problems?
>
>  * Who is working on it?

Started by Ben Armstrong, various debian develepors help
(<out-of-the-side-of-my-mouth>/me thinks
it's about time to put in that developer application</ootsomm>)

>  * Plans for the close and distant future?

Close future: make a list of packaged software already in debian.

>  * Do you need help? If so: of what kind?

Need this question really be asked? :)
Um...  Packaging any nice children's software...

http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-jr/

>  * License?!

Hopefully DFSG Free.  Assorted, per package basis.

>  * Standard documents to read in this context?
>
>  * Anything you would like to see mentioned?
>
>  * Answer to a question I forgot?
>
> NOTE:
>  Everything you want me to read should be attached to the
>  mail, because very often I will take my mail with me and read it
>  where I don't have access to the net.
>

> --
> Georg C. F. Greve <greve@gnu.org>
> the monthly GNU forum in English, German,
> French, Spanish and Japanese. Check it out
> at http://brave-gnu-world.org/
>

> ----- End forwarded message -----

[snip]

--
Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."
                -- Albert Einstein