Re: kids distribution (was : Two blind mice)

Sorry this reply took so long. I am in extreme async mode.

The "eater" game you expressed an interest in is available for download
at http://charm.zyqote.com/download/dt.zip

But I have to underline, this was an early =pre-linux= CGA =MSDOS=
program I wrote because the letters on the character mode word processor
were too small to be interesting to a baby.

Once things had evolved to the point where I could call up xpaint with a
300+ point font, the size of the characters was no longer an issue.

My point was that a lot could be accomplished by "repurposing" adult
applications. (eg making the window bigger than the viewport so that a
child would not accidently blow it away or minimize it.)

Anyway, for what it's worth the old eater program is up, if anyone is
still has a working MSDOS CGA system they are welcome to it :)

cheers,

Jef

(needless to say, I don't support it any more. I don't even have a
system
that can run it)