Re: Hello

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 01:08:38PM +0100, RIMBERT Hugo wrote:
> Hello,
> we're french and we are doing an interface for children. We are new on the
> mailing list, but we hope you be interrest in our project.
> For more information, and if u speak french, go to www.debian4kids.fr.st
> The code is made with tcl/tk will appear on this page...

Your project is interesting.  I would like to link it from our site but so
far Debian Jr. does not have a French-language page.  I will therefore add
it to our English page.  Once someone has translated the Debian Jr. pages
to French, we can move the link there.

A list of contacts if you would like to help with translating the
Debian Jr. pages into other languages can be found at:

	http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translation_coordinators

Some of the alternate-language links may be of interest to those browsing
the site in other languages, and right now, a user browsing the site in a
given language has no way of knowing that the other resources are there.
So for any new language-specific link I think we should do the following:

- If there is a language translation for the Debian Jr. page, then add
  the link there.

- If there is no language translation available, add the link to the
  English page under:

  Resources in other languages:

	* Linux Debian pour les enfants: www.debian4kids.fr.st (French)

- At the end (beginning?) of this "Resources in other languages"
  section, add this paragraph:

	The Debian Jr. site is also available in languages listed at the
	bottom of this page.  Some of these translations list additional
	resources in their own language.

Comments, anyone?

Ben