Re: First day of school -- Debian Jr. wishlist

I'm taking a quick pass thru my "first day of school wishlist" to
update you on the status:

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> - lletters
>   - My 2-year-old is playing with this right now, and I notice the
>     first time it loads the image it is veerrry slow.  She doesn't
>     have the patience to wait for images to come up before pressing
>     another button.  I am sure this is fixed in a later version.  Has
>     someone taken over this package from Lalo Martins yet?  My
>     recollection is that he gave it up for adoption.  And I thought
>     someone spoke for it, but I haven't seen anything new yet.
>   - Checking the website, http://lln.sourceforge.net/, I find the
>     latest version is 0.1.9, which now has support for sound.  We
>     only have version 0.1.7 in woody.

This is still languishing in Woody at 0.1.7.  Any takers?

> - glogo
>   - Having taken a brief look at this package, I like it, and I'd love
>     to package it myself.  I haven't announced an ITP yet, as I simply
>     haven't had the time.  If someone else can do it immediately, feel
>     free, otherwise, I expect to have some time later this month to do
>     it and will announce an ITP when I do.

I'm trying to resolve an issue with the upstream maintainer.  It seems
that glogo provides its own modified version of ucblogo.  I would like to
see the changes to ucblogo put back into upstream so I can just make glogo
depend on the Debian glogo package.

> - gnomekiss
>   - Jeff Waddell says he has a working personal .deb of this.  However,
>     I don't see him in the Debian Developers Database, so I guess he'll
>     need a sponsor.  Takers?
>
> - tuxAQFH
>   - again, recommended by Jeff
>
> - tuxkart
>   - yet again, recommended by Jeff

AFAIK, the above three are still "up for grabs".  Since I can't start on
glogo right away and I have nothing else on my plate for Debian Jr., I
may take one of these if nobody else does.

> - gcompris
>   - another one Jeff has a working .deb of and presumably needs a sponsor
>     for

gcompris is now in Woody thanks to Yann Dirson!

> - stickers
>   - another Jeff recommendation.  I've tried this one with the kids and
>     they love it!

Jimmy O'Regan is working on this and working his way thru the new
maintainer process at the same time.

> - typist
>   - This is my package.  It now has a new upstream maintainer with whom
>     I have recently been in contact.  I'll be packaging his latest and
>     uploading it later this month for sure.

Typist has been uploaded.

> - leocad
>   - how is it coming with determining whether there are licensing issues
>     that would prevent this from going into Debian?  Pat?  Mike?

License issues with ldraw have not yet been resolved.

Ben