Re: Call for new maintainers, application managers

On 14 Sep 2000, Camm Maguire wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> How much work is involved in serving as an AM?

Well, I am not an AM myself, but I am told that it need not take more than
a few minutes answering email per day over a few week period (although
some AMs prefer to meet on irc when something needs discussing, such as
Social Contract and DFSG matters).  Perhaps the most time consuming aspect
is preparing a report at the end of the process.  As an AM, you get to
adjust your own workload according to what you can handle.  Some AMs only
process one at a time whereas others process 5 or 6 at a time.

Look over the New Maintainer's Corner at:

	http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint

Particularly look at the Checklist and Notes for Application Managers.
Everything the AM has to do is detailed here.

I have also been told that applicants are handed out to managers as they
come up on the queue, so it's not as if we'll be able to focus
specifically on Debian-Jr applicants.  Still, what we contribute to
handling the NM backlog trickles back to Debian-Jr, as each successful
applicant is another potential worker for the group.  (Indeed, if the
applicant is seeking your advice on where to help out with Debian ... I
don't see the harm in throwing in your own personal bias :)

Ben