Re: Debian for education

    Ben> Well, that may be the case, but I really am not equipped
    Ben> myself to handle the education stuff.  If there are enough
    Ben> people on the list who are interested in doing something for
    Ben> education, I have no problem with sharing some of our
    Ben> resources to accomodate them.

I'm also interested, since I work  in some projects that have a strong
relationship:

The section Education of GNU - http://www.gnu.org/education
GNU Typist - http://www.gnu.org/software/gtypist
Structio - http://structio.sourceforge.net
The group SLEC - http://euclides.uniandes.edu.co/~v-tamara/cgi-bin/slec-0.1/slec.cgi/estadisticas
The     school     Gimnasio    Fidel     Cano     in    Colombia     -
http://www.tamarapatino.com/gfc
A  company  with social  character  dedicated  to  education and  free
software  (particulary promoting  the  use of  GNU/Linux in  colombian
schools) - http://www.tamarapatino.com

I would  like to know  the opinion of  some people in this  list about
PingOO.   It  is a  free  debian  based  distribution for  servers  of
schools.

Shouldn't we try to work with them also?

    Ben> It's just that home use was my
    Ben> original idea, and I didn't really want to get too far off
    Ben> that original vision of what I wanted for my own children,
    Ben> and the children of like-minded Debian developers.  Would it
    Ben> really split our efforts to start a sister group, debian-edu?

Good  idea, debian-jr would  concentrate in  education in  home, while
debian-edu in education in schools.

    Ben> Since I'm not an educator, I'm not necessarily going to have
    Ben> much input into education-specific problems.  Also, the way
    Ben> things are structured right now, I have sole access to the
    Ben> debian-jr website CVS.  I can just see myself becoming a
    Ben> bottleneck for those who want to keep the work on education
    Ben> moving along.

Thank  you,  I  still  don't  know  enough  about  Debian  development
(althouhg I'm a happy Debian user).  Surely I will learn to help.

--
  Vladimir Támara Patiño.
  Home Page: http://www.bigfoot.com/~vtamara