Re: Open system for all (was Re: Testing Ground.)

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:

> About LOGO, I have a need for help: we need a free, open-source, multilingual
> LOGO that runs on GNU/Linux. There are some open, but not multilingual.
> Apparently there is a good, pretty windows version that is open-source MSWLogo
>
> see http://www.softronix.com/logo.html

Am I allowed to sob here, and ask why they didn't use wxWindows or some
other cross-platform GUI toolkit, rather than tying it just to MSW ?

> It is Borland C++ 5.02 and exists in English, German , Portuguese, Japanese
> and French.
>
> Does any of you know enough C++ (I don't !) to try and compile this on
> GNU/Linux with a library like WINE for example. I suppose this is not to
> complicated for the one who knows ! Thanks already for the help.

Well, I don't have any windows emulators on my system.  I *do* have some
knowledge of both C++ and wxWindows (which is written in C++).  If I
get the time, I'll have a look at trying to rewrite it using wxWindows.
Things are pretty hectic at the moment, though, so we'll have to see ....

Diana.
--
+      Diana Galletly <dag1000@eng.cam.ac.uk>      +
+   http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~galletly/   +