Testing Ground.

Debian Jr folks,
    Hi there.  I am Barrett Conrad of the New Orleans Technology Assistance
Program, part of Tulane University's CACTUS (Community Action Council of Tulane
University Students).  We are a newly formed group of students, mostly from the
Computer Science department, that is developing a project to help "bridge the
digital divide" here in New Orleans.  We have gathered a number of old computer
parts to assemble and build a network of x-terminals, running Linux, within an
existing community project.  We plan to use this setup as easy access to the
internet, word processing, and other tools, as well as being a resource for
skill building and education of both technical and non-technical material.  We
have also been looking around for software that can be easily used and helpful
(and of course entertaining) to our children.  Our search has brought us to
Debian Jr.  Besides Debian being the Linux distribution we chose to use, the
Debian Jr project looks to be a great asset to our project.  My purpose in
posting to this list it to offer our project as a testing ground for Debian Jr
to both improve our project and Debian Jr.  As I have tried to follow the
progress of Debian Jr, I have see that many of you have tested it on your own
children, but I think we could offer you a place to test Debian Jr in a larger
and more educational setting.  I would also like to know if any of you have
tried projects similar to the one we are attempting and what successes (and
failures) you have had with them.  I hope that we can find each other of some
help and we look forward to working with you.

Thank you,
Barrett Conrad
bconad@tulane.edu