Re: New entries in packaged list

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 09:38:43AM -0800, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 01:12:47PM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > Comments anyone?  New submissions?
>
> You might want to consider adding Maelstrom.  It currently uses non-free
> images and sounds so can't be part of Debian (Jr.?) proper, but it is a
> lot of fun.  I think that there are also free sound/images available, so
> maybe the packager could be convinced to use an alternate set and put it
> in main.

I would be very interested in a free Maelstrom.  I have logged many fun
hours with this program. :)  Anyone want to champion the cause?  Arcade
games aren't a big priority, though, and non-free ones even less so.  So
I'm wondering whether we shouldn't draw the line here and not list it.  On
the flip-side, if nobody is willing to take on this cause at the moment, I
suppose we could list it along with our comments about what needs to be
done to free it as an incentive for someone to take up the cause ...  It's
late at night and I am as yet undecided about this.  Let me think about
it.

Ben