UNIX Systems Administrator/Developer
Job Title: UNIX Systems Administrator/Developer
Reporting to: Head of Network Engineering - Gamma Telecom
Location: Manchester, UK
Duties / Objectives
* Day to day operational support of the UNIX systems including out of
hours (where required).
* Deployment/integration of IP based applications/services.
* Design, installation and configuration of UNIX platforms to support
* Definition and documentation of standard build (OS, base services etc)
* Provide technical expertise in the requirement specification,
configuration and testing of UNIX platforms and operating systems.
* Manage third parties/equipment vendors to ensure requirements are met.
* Attend supplier/internal/customer meetings and represent the
department at all levels.
* Where necessary, provide training, documentation and support processes
for other areas of the business.
* Ability to rapidly identify and rectify faults on UNIX operating
* Proficient use of UNIX scripting languages.
* Capability to build, install and configure complex applications.
* Excellent communication and reporting skills.
* Supplier management.
* Technical project management.
* Technical documentation authoring.
* Flexible approach to work and ability to work under pressure.
* Two years in a UNIX systems admin role within a Telco or ISP
* Detailed knowledge of Debian Linux including package
* Good working knowledge of Solaris and exposure to HP-UX.
* Programming scripting languages such as Bourne shell, PERL, PHP etc.
* Familiarity with C/C++ an advantage.
* Understanding of IP services such as DNS, RADIUS, SMTP, SNMP, SQL etc.
* Knowledge of SIP, H.323, VoIP systems an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range GBP 35,000 - GBP 45,000 per annum depending on experience.
Eligible for up to 10% annual bonus.
Benefits after three months' continuous service:
* Pension contributions matched to 5% into the Group Personal Pension
* Life Assurance at four times annual salary.
* Income Continuance Insurance.
Holiday per annum = 25 days (pro-rata in year of joining).
This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd. The contents of this email are
confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was
addressed. No-one else may place any reliance upon it, or copy or forward all
any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you receive this email
error, please accept our apology. We should be obliged if you would telephone
our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with
limited liability, with registered number 4340834, and whose registered office
is at 8-10 New Fetter Lane London ECV4A 1RS and whose principal place of
business is at 1, The Pentangle, Park Street, Newbury Berkshire RG14 1EA.
Main telephone number: +44 (0) 870 224 1200