Re: RFS: libcommons-validator-java/1:1.7-1 [Team] -- ease and speed development and maintenance of validation rules

Control: tags -1 moreinfo

Hi,

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 07:44:05 +0000 min sun <sunmin89@outlook.com> wrote:

> Package: sponsorship-requests
> Severity: normal
>
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libcommons-validator-java":
>
> * Package name : libcommons-validator-java
> Version : 1:1.7-1
> Upstream contact : http://commons.apache.org/validator/
> * License : Apache-2.0
> * Vcs : https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/libcommons-validator-java
> Section : java
>
> The source builds the following binary packages:
>
> libcommons-validator-java - ease and speed development and maintenance of validation rules
> libcommons-validator-java-doc - API documentation for Commons Validator
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:
>
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/libcommons-validator-java/
>
> Alternatively, you can download the package with 'dget' using this command:
>
> dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/libc/libcommons-validator-java/libcommons-validator-java_1.7-1.dsc
>
> Changes since the last upload:
>
> libcommons-validator-java (1:1.7-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium
> .
> * Team upload.
> * New upstream release.
> * Add commons-csv-java as new dependency.
> * Skip running the tests.

There seems to be something wrong at the tip of the master branch, as it contains files (e.g. PROPOSAL.html) which are not in the upstream tarball I get by running uscan from the source dir. Could you please fix it? Also I see there was no commit on the pristine-tar branch related to this new version, please handle the relevant pristine-tar option when using git-buildpackage.

> This new version needs a test dependency called junit-clptr which is not ported to debian currently, I don’t know how to handle this issue and just ignore it,and have to skip the test.
>
> I tried to enable the test and build locally with bellow command:
> dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
>
> The test results shows that :
>
> [WARNING] Tests run: 25, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 0.025 s - in org.apache.commons.validator.routines.EmailValidatorTest
>
> [WARNING] Tests run: 576, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1
>
> I think it is harmless to disable the test for now.

It is fine to ignore the tests that need junit-clptr (which is the case only in one class as I can see), but if I understand correctly what you write, all other tests are successful? If so, one should only skip the problematic class by patching pom.xml (see third answer in [0] with the maven-surefire-plugin configuration) instead of skipping all the tests.
Also keep what you changed in debian/maven.ignoreRules, that's OK.

> I’m not familiar with java packaging and any suggestion or advice is welcome.

I hope this helps :)

> Regards,
> --
> sun min