RFS: libcommons-validator-java/1:1.7-1 [Team] -- ease and speed development and maintenance of validation rules

Package: sponsorship-requests

Severity: normal

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libcommons-validator-java":

* Package name     : libcommons-validator-java

   Version          : 1:1.7-1

   Upstream contact : http://commons.apache.org/validator/

* URL              : https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-validator/

* License          : Apache-2.0

* Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/libcommons-validator-java

   Section          : java

The source builds the following binary packages:

  libcommons-validator-java - ease and speed development and maintenance of validation rules

  libcommons-validator-java-doc - API documentation for Commons Validator

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/libcommons-validator-java/

Alternatively, you can download the package with 'dget' using this command:

  dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/libc/libcommons-validator-java/libcommons-validator-java_1.7-1.dsc

Changes since the last upload:

libcommons-validator-java (1:1.7-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium

.

   * Team upload.

   * New upstream release.

   * Add commons-csv-java as new dependency.

   * Skip running the tests.

This new version needs a test dependency called junit-clptr which is not ported to debian currently, I don’t know how to handle this issue and just ignore it,and have to skip the test.

I tried to enable the test  and build locally with bellow command:

dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc

The test results shows that :

[WARNING] Tests run: 25, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 0.025 s - in org.apache.commons.validator.routines.EmailValidatorTest

[WARNING] Tests run: 576, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1

I think it is harmless to disable the test for now.

I’m not familiar with java packaging and any suggestion or advice is welcome.

Regards,

--

  sun min