Re: reply: RFS: libcommons-validator-java/1:1.6-3 [NMU] -- ease and speed development and maintenance of validation rules

Hello sun min,

Le 11/01/2023 à 05:08, min sun a écrit :
Hi, Gruet!

Thanks for your kind advices.

You are welcome!

I tried to address the bug #1028187 and updated  Stands-Version info and uploaded again !

Well done. Although there is some room to comply with the most recent standards of packaging (see below), I uploaded because there is no major issue and you are indeed fixing a ftbfs bug (of which severity should have been "serious" because of the ftbfs -- I rose it accordingly). I just raised the Standards version to 4.6.2, which is the most recent one.
Congratulations for this first sponsored upload.

I wish java-team members can help review it.

I was indeed wearing my Debian-java team member hat when sponsoring you :)

By the way, I pushed your changes to the Salsa repo of the package. But if you would like to contribute again to this package or other ones in the team, you should subscribe to this mailing list and ask for joining the team on Salsa so that you can directly work on the relevant repos.

The remained  bug #785515 is test suite related, it was addressed already, because

new version of this package  ignores all the failed test cases !

Yes, and probably we should try to rework the packaging to consistently fail the build as there are these failures... and then we should try to address them.

Complimentary paths you could follow if you are willing to do some other work on this package and sharpen your Debian skills: - running lintian on the build packages (if you haven't done it yet) gives a lot of points to watch. Some of them are part of my other suggestions below; - repacking could and should be handled only through debian/watch and Files-Excluded stanzas in debian/copyright. debian/orig-tag.sh and the get-orig-source in d/rules could then be removed; - debian/compat could be removed, and instead one should declare a Build-Dependency on debhelper-compat (= 13) in debian/control;
- $ cme check dpkg-control (from the cme package) returns some output;
- $ apply-multiarch-hints (from the lintian-brush package) returns some output, also appearing on tracker.debian.org.

Best !

Same here,

--
Pierre