Re: RFS: libcommons-validator-java/1:1.6-3 [NMU] -- ease and speed development and maintenance of validation rules

Hi sun min,

Le 08/01/2023 à 11:27, min sun a écrit :
Package: sponsorship-requests

Severity: normal

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libcommons-validator-java":

* Package name     : libcommons-validator-java

    Version          : 1:1.6-3

    Upstream contact : http://commons.apache.org/validator/

* URL              : http://commons.apache.org/validator/

* License          : Apache-2.0

* Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/libcommons-validator-java

    Section          : java

[...]

Changes since the last upload:

libcommons-validator-java (1:1.6-3) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium

.

    * Update upstream repo url and vcs-git url

    * Update upstream tar script

Thanks for working on the package. I looked at it very quickly:
- (regarding the title of your bug report) this is a team-maintained package with active uploaders, so you should not NMU it but instead add a "Team upload" entry in your changelog; - you refreshed debian/watch and I see there is a new upstream version available, you could consider packaging it; - most importantly, your work does not address bug #1028187 that you submitted yourself, the package cannot build as is (also there is another open bug in this package that you could consider addressing);
- Standards version is outdated, you could raise it if appropriate.

Regards,

--

   sun min

Best,