Re: OpenJDK Zero interpreter: fast bytecodes

Hi Emmanuel,

On 1/5/23 23:20, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
Is it enabled in all JDKs after JDK 18 too?

Yes, it is implemented and enabled by default in JDK 18+ onward. I now see openjdk-{18,19,20,21}-* ship in sid for many architectures already, so this Zero improvement might already be implicitly tested.

Is there an easy way to check if e.g. bookworm can be fully re-built
with latest and greatest 17.0.7 EA?

Its tricky, the arch all packages are usually built and tested on amd64
only (reproducible-builds.org also rebuilds on i386, arm64 and armhf).
Rebuilding the 1500+ Java packages takes at least two days on a 4c/8t
4GHz Xeon, but on m68k it's going to take ages and that would abuse a
bit the shared porter boxes.

Yes, m68k (linker?) is problematic even for vanilla OpenJDK cross-builds.

Since openjdk 18+ packages are already built, which I assume implies that someone would eventually rebuild/run the Java packages with them, I would just wait for bug reports then. If that happens, tell me if you need a debian-specific patch to disable/yank the change from any openjdk tree.

--
Thanks,
-Aleksey