Re: OpenJDK 8

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 01:30:02PM +0000, Thomas Vatter wrote:
> Am 28.09.22 um 10:22 schrieb Phil Morrell:
> > On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 08:32:23AM +0000, Thomas Vatter wrote:
> > > a complete OpenJDK 8 is missing in the repo. There is only a server VM.
> >
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> Hi Phil,

Hello Mailinglist,

> > OpenJDK 8 LTS has not been included in Debian since stretch which as of
> > June 30th is no longer supported by LTS team. Please update to v11 LTS
> > from Debian buster or bullseye and be ready to use v17 LTS going
> > forward. Alternatively, if absolutely necessary, you can reach outside
> > Debian with `extrepo enable wtf-lts` to get unofficial packages by the
> > same maintainer.
> >

> since Java 8 Update 341 is the default on java.com I think it should be in
> the Debian repo.

Bend those "I think ... should ..." into "What is needed"-questions.

Groeten
Geert Stappers

P.S.

Some failed self censoring, a.k.a. old fashion   F.U.D.  Fear
Uncertainty and Doubt:

  What is a recent example
  of Oracle understanding there is libre software?

--
Silence is hard to parse