Re: OpenJDK for Bookworm and beyond

Le 29/09/2022 à 12:00, Emmanuel Bourg a écrit :

I propose to switch on October 31th for Halloween, such that the switch will unleash compatibility nightmares and runtime horrors haunting those who have ignored the bug reports for months ;)

As announced last month, I've just uploaded java-common/0.73 which switches the default JRE to OpenJDK 17. The severity of the remaining bugs has been increased to serious.

Also worth noting, default-jre now provides a versioned java-runtime dependency. This means we can now replace the java<n>-runtime dependencies with java-runtime (>= n).

Happy Halloween!

Emmanuel Bourg