Re: incomplete manifest in jar files

Hi Tony,

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 5:35 AM tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 01:01:43AM +0100, Sudip Mukherjee wrote:

<snip>

> You can use japi-compliance-checker or clirr to assess compatibility
> between lucene4.10 and version 8.  Maybe we can port forward this time
> around.  But I am not familiar with lucene, so maybe it's easier to
> introduce a new lucene8 source package.

I was trying lucene8 today, and it seems it will need an update to
carrotsearch-randomizedtesting. That update has changed a class name,
so its breaking the build of all the 4 of its reverse-dependencies. I
have done one of them locally now, but I will check the build of the
reverse-dependencies of this one.  I think I will need to go via the
transition process here and will upload to experimental after checking
all of them. "carrotsearch-randomizedtesting" is not having any
"Uploaders:", any objection in adding my name to it?

lucene8 build fails even after updating
"carrotsearch-randomizedtesting" and next it needs an update to
morfologik-stemming. Not sure if 'andrewsh' is planning it (I think I
will check with him).

--
Regards
Sudip