Re: incomplete manifest in jar files

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 11:34 PM tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 12:40:44PM +0100, Sudip Mukherjee wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > While working on #943552 I faced few problems with manifest files and
> > as a result I am unable to list them in the bundles.info file.
> >
> > <--snip-->
> >
> > If no-one has any problem with my suggested changes then I can go
> > ahead and team-upload them. All the changes are only in the
> > MANIFEST.MF and nothing in the code.
>
> Hi Sudip,
>
> Sounds reasonable to me.

Thanks Tony. And, I have a doubt about another package, maybe you can
tell me about it. I noticed that there was a "lucene" which was
removed when "lucene2" was introduced,  then that was removed and
"lucene4.10" package was added. Now, I am looking at upstream v8.6.2,
so I need to package it as "lucene8" ? And I am mostly puzzled about
why instead of updating the original "lucene" source package, separate
source was packaged for each version? for transition?

--
Regards
Sudip