Re: Packaging a ./gradlew upstream?

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 3:51 PM Stephen Paul Weber
<singpolyma@singpolyma.net> wrote:

> I am interested in packaging https://github.com/Anuken/Mindustry -- it uses the
> now somewhat-standard ./gradlew wrapper script style build system.  This system
> downloads all kinds of dependencies (including the gradle build system itself)
> in binary form as part of running the build.  I'm wondering if others have
> experience packaging upstreams using this kind of system and what the usual
> strategy is for building it with locally-installed dependencies from Debian
> instead of the network access it wants to do?

There is a RFP open for it, https://bugs.debian.org/959466.
Dependencies can not be downloaded during the build. All the
dependencies should already be available in Debian. And the bug lists
the first blocker which then lists the other blocker and the last
blocker is kotlin (or shall I say the first blocker).

--
Regards
Sudip