Bug#974879: ITP: intervalstorej -- Java implementation of the Nested Containment List data structure
Owner: Debian Java team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
X-Debbugs-Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Package name : intervalstorej
Version : 1.2
Upstream Author : Mungo Carstairs, Barton Group
* URL : https://github.com/bartongroup/IntervalStoreJ/
* License : BSD-3-clause
Programming Lang: Java
Description : Java implementation of the Nested Containment List data structure
NCList provides efficient lookup of intervals overlapping a given range in
time O(M log N) where N is the number of intervals stored, and M the number
of overlaps found.
- is parameterised by <T extends IntervalI>;
- so can store any Java type that implements IntervalI, that is, has methods
getBegin() and getEnd() (where begin <= end);
- extends java.util.AbstractCollection<T>;
- may be referred to as Collection<T> in code;
- exposes methods for add, contains, remove, iterator, size etc;
- has a 'bulk load' constructor, and methods to add or remove entries, while
retaining lookup efficiency;
- optimises storage and search of sparsely nested intervals by storing
non-nested intervals separately;
- incorporates NCList to store any properly nested intervals.
This package is needed as a dependency of jalview, which is currently updated
as we have a quite old version of it in Debian. jalview now relies on it.
It will be maintained inside the Debian Java team.