Re: To build a java package with maven

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020, Mechtilde wrote:

>  But I packaged libbeanvalidation-api-java myself. It is now in the
> NewQueue. I described it at the beginning of my question.
>

> <cite>
> I hoped to found a solution in building
> https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/beanvalidation-api as
> libbeanvalidation-api-java.
>
> which contains the class Validation.
> </cite>

Ah okay, I didn’t fully understand that part.

(Besides that, something with jakarta.validation-api would
have been a more easily understood name… but given where
javax.activation is packaged in Debian that cause is lost
anyway…)

Looking at
https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/beanvalidation-api_3.0.0-M1-1~exp1.html
you also packaged a beta version (-M* are milestones, nowhere
near production-ready releases or stable APIs). From looking at
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/jakarta.validation/jakarta.validation-api
you should almost certainly have packaged version 2.0.2 instead.

But ignoring that and looking at the package list…

-rw-r--r-- root/root      1321 2020-06-19 17:51 ./usr/share/maven-repo/jakarta/validation/jakarta.validation-api/debian/jakarta.validation-api-debian.pom

… is enough to get the following POM dependency work…

<dependency>
	<groupId>jakarta.validation</groupId>
	<artifactId>jakarta.validation-api</artifactId>
	<version>debian</version>
</dependency>

… if the package is in Build-Depends(‑Indep) / installed.
AIUI, the replacement of the real version with “debian”
is done by the packaging tools.

>>>In the pom.xml I found the entry.
>>>
>>>        <dependency>
>>>            <groupId>javax.validation</groupId>
>>>             <artifactId>validation-api</artifactId>
>>>             <scope>compile</scope>
>>>        </dependency>

Yes, change the groupId and artifactId; this is the new name.
If after that you still miss javax.validation:validation-api
then a dependency also wants it and you’ll have to use
exclusions, but given we only use packaged dependencies
this won’t happen.

bye,
//mirabilos
--