Re: ITP: google-http-client-java -- Google HTTP Client Library for Java

Hi All,

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 12:10 AM Sudip Mukherjee
<sudipm.mukherjee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Olek,
>
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 9:03 PM Olek Wojnar <olek@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > First of all, great thanks for helping with this! More hands will definitely help get these dependencies packaged more quickly!
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 3:12 AM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> >>

> >> I admit I was not very successful so far and need help.  Here are
> >> the errors I've got from mh_make:
> >

> > I'm hardly a Java expert so I'm interested to hear what they say when they chime in. My one input here is have you tried excluding the modules we don't need using the "--ignore" functionality in d/*.poms? Perhaps that might eliminate some of the problems you're seeing? It looks like we definitely need google-http-client-*.jar and google-http-client-jackson2-*.jar but perhaps we can do without some of the others?
>
> I think first you will need to decide the module that you will want.
> These are the listed modules:
>
> google-http-client
> google-http-client-assembly
> google-http-client-appengine
> google-http-client-android
> google-http-client-apache-v2
> google-http-client-protobuf
> google-http-client-gson
> google-http-client-jackson2
> google-http-client-xml
> google-http-client-findbugs
> google-http-client-test
> samples/dailymotion-simple-cmdline-sample
> google-http-client-bom
>
> If you need "google-http-client-*.jar" then that will mean you will
> need all the modules,

>From a quick look at bazel
(https://github.com/bazelbuild/bazel/tree/master/third_party/api_client)
, it seems only "google-http-client" and "google-http-client-jackson2"
is needed. So, another quick look at the source code and it seems we
don't have "com.google.j2objc" and "io.opencensus". I think
com.google.j2objc can be ignored but we will need io.opencensus. And
you already have ITP for that. #959838. imho, "io.opencensus" needs to
be packaged before "google-http-client-java", and from that you will
mostly need "io.opencensus.common, io.opencensus.contrib and
io.opencensus.trace".

--
Regards
Sudip