Seeking sponsor for updating Scala 2.11 package to 2.12

Hi

After much work (and previous discussions on this list and with the Scala team) I have finally created a shell script that builds Scala 2.12.0-M1, instead of the circular dependency of Scala and Sbt.

I am currently refreshing my limited knowledge of creating a debian package and finetuning the build-script.

Currently Debian has a Scala 2.11.12 package, which I am using for creating the next version, which is 2.12.0-M1. The process forward will be to create all the packages from M1 all the way to 2.12.10, which is about 17 packages. These will be interim packages, which does not really need to be complete, just enough to make the compiler build the next version. Unless one of the versions throws me a big surprise...

Since compiling Scala requires Jdk 8, all this should happen in Sid, and when the final version of Scala is built, it can be released and used with the latest supported version of the jdk in Debian stable.

Regards

Thomas