Re: Feedback on OpenJDK jpackage tool early access builds

Hi David,

the jpackage tool is programming language agnostic, as long as the input is provided as modules and/or JAR files.

The jpackage launcher creates a JVM instance and then calls into the "static void main(String[])" method of the specified main class, but doesn't otherwise care what is in the application.

cheers,
dalibor topic

On 30.08.2019 19:31, David Goodenough wrote:
Is this intended to work with all JVM languages, or just Java? I don't expect support for other languages, just tolerance.

David

--
<http://www.oracle.com>
Dalibor Topic | Consulting Product Manager

Oracle Global Services Germany GmbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRB 246209
Geschäftsführer: Ralf Herrmann

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment