Re: CI on salsa

Markus Koschany:
> Hello,
>
> Am 18.08.19 um 14:46 schrieb Hideki Yamane:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 13:22:45 +0900
>> Hideki Yamane <henrich@iijmio-mail.jp> wrote:
>>>  I cannot find CI setting on salsa for jcodings and jruby-joni package
>>>  https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/jruby-joni
>>>  https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/jcodings
>>>
>>>  Could someone set it up or allow me to do so, please?
>>
>>  Well, maybe we should enable CI/CD feature
>>  https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/ wide, could you check it, please?
>
> I have enabled Auto DevOps on the Settings->CI CD page for our team now
>
> "Auto DevOps will automatically build, test and deploy your application
> based on a predefined Continuous Integration and Delivery configuration"

As far as I have seen, Auto DevOps won't do anything for Debian packages.

> I can see that the CI settings are available for the newly created
> nattable package but are missing from older packages. I don't if it is
> possible to enable this feature retrospectively. If someone has more
> information, please let me know. I
>
> Here are some useful links I have found about the topic:
>
> https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/enable_or_disable_ci.html
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc#Running_Continuous_Integration_.28CI.29_tests
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline

I'm the author of the ci-image-git-buildpackage approach, and that
wiki.debian.org segment.  I'm happy to help with setting that one up.

You can see that in action here:
* https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/wala/-/jobs/117685
* https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/wala/blob/master/debian/.gitlab-ci.yml

As far as I know, the only way to enable CI is per-project.  There isn't
a global or group setting in GitLab.

.hc