Re: Looking on how to contribute to the Debian Java Packaging Team

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 06, 2019 at 01:23:49PM +0200, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Hey Armando,
>
> Thanks for your interest and welcome!

+1

> There are many ways to jump into
> Java packaging.  One way is to go through the bug reports and try
> confirming them and fixing them.  Right now Debian/buster is in the
> release freeze, so it is a great time to fix bugs for the upcoming release.

Possibly a simple one is #923749 [1].

I'm personally not a Java programmer but to topic I'm covering contains
lots of Java software.  That's why I'm frequently asking for help as I
did here:

   https://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2019/04/msg00017.html

So feel free to clone the just created Git repository I've linked to
and check why the JAR is not created any more.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=923749#22

--