Re: Looking on how to contribute to the Debian Java Packaging Team

Hey Armando,

Thanks for your interest and welcome!  There are many ways to jump into
Java packaging.  One way is to go through the bug reports and try
confirming them and fixing them.  Right now Debian/buster is in the
release freeze, so it is a great time to fix bugs for the upcoming release.

Other ways are to search the bug tracker for "RFPs" Requests for
Packaging and try packaging some of those.  Or you can look for packages
that could be updated, and update them.  Here's the overview:

https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=pkg-java-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org

One specific project we could use help with is getting Kotlin into Debian.

.hc

ARMANDO FERREIRA LEE ENG: