FOSDEM 19 Debian Java talk

Hi all,

I will attend FOSDEM 19 in Brussels this weekend (03.02.2019, 12:40
local time) and give a lightning talk (15 min) about our heroics.

https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/debian_java/

Naturally there is not enough time to explain everything in detail but
it should be adequate to put our message across. Here is your chance.
What do you consider important or what would you like other people from
the community to know?

I would like to reuse some of the scripts that we used for our last blog
post in 2016 [1] to fetch some packaging statistics. Are those scripts
still available? Otherwise I intend to use UDD a lot.

I want to answer the following questions:

How does the Java language rank in Debian?

https://sources.debian.org/stats/sid/

How many Java source packages / binary packages do we maintain or are
maintained in total including by other teams?

How many contributors are there?

How many uploads were made by those contributors?

How many bugs were fixed by them?

How many RC bugs were reported/fixed during the
Wheezy/Jessie/Stretch/Buster release cycle? My guess is the total
numbers are increasing.

How many RC bugs were caused by OpenJDK7/8/9/10/11? We have our tagged
bugs list for example.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-java@lists.debian.org;tag=default-java9

What specific OpenJDK changes caused the most grief?

Why we all love JavaDoc? :E

etc.

If you have some other fun statistic, please let me know.

Regards,

Markus

[1]
https://java.debian.net/blog/2016/06/wheezy-lts-and-the-switch-to-openjdk-7.html